Our Capabilities / Strengths
Our Scientists (in Alphabetical Order)
Sateesh Apté, MD
Dr. Apté is the founder and CEO of ImmunoScience, Inc., in his capacity as the Managing Director of Swiss Pacific Group, Ltd. For his extensive research in the field of HIV/AIDS, Dr. Apté has been awarded several patents for the therapeutic vaccines, with other patents pending in the United States and internationally for an HIV vaccine, Cancer vaccines and saliva-based diagnostic tests. Dr. Apté received his undergraduate medical education in India followed by his graduate fellowships and residencies at Haffkine Institue collaborating with the Pasteur Institute, Clinical and Research fellowships at Harvard Medical School and Harvard teaching hospitals as well as senior fellowship at Stanford University Medical Center. Dr. Apté is a board qualified neurologist with a special interest in neuroendocrinology and is licensed to practice medicine in California. Dr. Apté has acted as a consultant for both The National Multiple Sclerosis Society and the Epilepsy League of American since 1991, and has authored and co-authored numerous publications.
Jared Clever, PhD
Dr. Clever is a virologist with over 15 years of scientific experience. His extensive career work includes work with cell culture, retroviral concentration and purification, and harvesting infectious viral supernatants. Dr. Clever also studied vascular and skeletal muscle regeneration after injury during his capacity as a research pathologist, and has completed and published an extensive mutagenesis study of RNA structures in HIV, as well as numerous publications. Dr. Clever received his undergraduate education in Pennsylvania and his graduate education including a Ph.D. at University of California in Los Angeles. In addition to his research credentials, Dr. Clever was also an Assistant Professor in the department of microbiology at University of Texas, San Antonio.
Victor Martin, PhD
Dr. Martin is the Vice President of Manufacturing and Regulatory Affairs at ImmunoScience. With the company since 1996, his research and development of saliva-based testing has been monumental. Dr. Martin has extensive experience in biotechnology and clinical industries, as well as substantial work in product development, quality assurance and product optimization. Dr. Martin earned his Ph.D. in Chemical Pathology/Clinical Chemistry at St. Bartholomew's Hospital Medical School, University of London, London, UK and a B.Sc. (Honours) in Chemistry at Queen Mary College, University of London, London, UK. His continuing professional studies include the Robert Spivok Associates GMP Seminar, Total Quality Management Studies at University of California, Berkeley and Project Management at University of California, Berkeley.
Christopher Rold, PhD
Dr. Rold is a research scientist who specializes in vaccine development at ImmunoScience. His years of involvement with the HIV/AIDS Research Program and dedicated research in the fields of cellular and molecular biology have made Dr. Rold an integral part of the ImmunoScience team. Dr. Rold has extensive experience in microbiology and immunology, and has been a part of the Microbes and Defense Academic Society since 2003. Dr. Rold completed his undergraduate education at Johns Hopkins University and his graduate education at Vanderbilt University where he earned a Ph.D. in Micorbiology and Immunology.
Subhagya Wadekar, PhD
Dr. Wadekar has an award-winning background in the field of biotechnology. Her extensive research of bacteria and cell culture has contributed greatly to the field cancer studies and she has received several esteemed doctoral and post-doctoral fellowship awards, including the National Research Award from the National Cancer Institute. Dr. Wadekar has presented her findings throughout the United States, as well as in Canada and at the National Institute of Virology in Pune, India, and has a number of publications. Dr. Wadekar received her Ph.D. in Cell and Molecular Biology from University of Toledo followed by a post-doctoral fellowship at University of California in San Francisco. Dr. Wadekar also has a significant experience working in bioltechnology industry and knowledge of GMP and QA systems.
In addition to these, ImmunoScience has dozens of research and associate scientists and biotechnologists that complement the team.
ImmunoScience, with its fully equipped BSL-2 and BSL-3 facilities vaunts expertise/competence in the following areas:
- Assay design
Assay development, Product Development and assay optimization for rapid diagnostics devices for antibody and antigen capture assays
- Bacterial preparation
- Biostatistical analysis
- BSL 2 certified scientists
- BSL-3 certified scientists
- BSL-2 Laboratory design and implementation
- BSL-3 Laboratory design and implementation
- Cellular fractionation and purification
- Colloidal Gold conjugate production for Rapid diagnostics
- Direct-Flow Filtration
- DNA and RNA Viral particle purification
- DNA and RNA virus cultivation and harvesting
- Expertise at recombinant DNA/molecular biology techniques
- Expertise in the field of HIV-1 viral assembly and genomic RNA
- Extensive cell culture expertise, including viral infections, transductions and transfections FACS
- Fluorescence and confocal microscopy
- Gel Exclusion chromatography
- GLP and GMP quality control expertise for regulatory compliance documentation
- Handling of clinical laboratory specimens
- Handling of infectious materials
- Handling of radioactive materials
- His-Tag technology
- Immuno-blotting to quantitate protein levels in cells and tissues.
- In-vitro transcription of viral RNAs
- Large scale viral panel production
- Live cell vitrification
- Magnetic cell separation
- Manipulation and characterization of RNA, DNA, and proteins, recombinant DNA technology, sequencing and sequence analysis
- Molecular cloning
- Monoclonal and polyclonal antibody production
- Northern/Southern blotting of RNA/DNA.
- optimization of downstream purification processes
- optimization of upstream production processes
- Plasmid and siRNA transfections
- Plasmid manipulations such as subcloning
- Polyclonal and Monoclonal cell isolation
- Preparation of small molecule conjugates for antibody production
- Pulse chase assays
- Purification and identification of various peptides and proteins using Affinity Chromatography
- Purification and preparation of antigens for various disease states using bacterial cell culture techniques
- Real time PCR
- Scientific writing
- Semi-quantitative RT-PCR, quantitative-PCR (qPCR) and RNase-protection assays for quantifying gene expression
- shRNA applications
- siRNA applications
- Site-directed mutagenesis
- Tangential-Flow Filtration,
- TCID50 Assays
- Tissue culture
- Viral vector design and production
- Western Blotting